Assignment 1

I realised I have not been updating my blog recently! Here's an update on my first assignment and later on on my 2nd assignment. I will probably update on the class exercises later.

Our first assignment was to use 5 panels to tell a visual story. Here's mine:


Revenge of the Cans







I hope the story is still understandable! It is basically about a person drinking from a can and tossing it away and the other can 'buddies' witness the atrocity. The cans got mad and went to take revenge on the person, eventually causing the person to fall to death.

I've gotten this story as an inspiration of a photo I found on deviantart.com by ~msgonzalez




I've gotten quite a bit of critique from the class:


  • The table used should be opaque
  • Need for more cans to give a threatening aura
  • Placing some cans on the steps of the stairs to give a sense of 'chase' 
  • Frame 3 to focus on can
Looks like I'm going to have to get more cans for the reshoot! :)

***Update

I finally go round to redoing this assignment. I replaced the beers with coke though. There was no way I was going to purchase large quantities of beer! Also, coke cans are red, so I thought it'll be good to signify rage as well.


I have decided to use color flash technique this time round, hopefully to bring more attention to the cans. Also to emphasis some figure and ground. 
I hope the story is clear. Yes, cans don't attack people, but I hope artistic license applies here! :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment